This page contains information about coaching your athletes to aid in implementing effective training sessions, with a variety of coaching resources provided in the links below (see end of page):
World Boccia have made the following webinars available:
- Introducing & Developing Boccia for U12's children
- Players pathways
- Players' Pathways Video - Introducing the Players´ pathway.
- Creativity in Practise Activity Video
- Coaching the Athlete, Not the Sport - Recognising the individual needs and abilities of all players and providing the right amount of challenge, Changing how we coach to ensure that we meet the players' needs & Grouping players in different ways when we coach mixed-ability sessions.
- Tactics in Boccia- Shot Selection, Understanding Game Flow e.g., what is the score, what end is it, what balls do I/my opponent have left etc.
- The Use of Statistics in Boccia and an Aid to Coaching - Use of statistics in boccia and how can the information collected help me as a coach. / Player’s profile, training plan and game analysis.
- Technical Principles - Exploring the importance of having a repeatable Technical Process for different styles of propulsion and types of shot.
- More videos are available on the World Boccia Website HERE